Tuesday, May 7, 2013

anxious

I just sent D an e-mail letting him know that I am going on a short trip in a few weeks.

YES, I AM ACTUALLY GETTING ON A PLANE, SANS CHILDREN AND GOING SOMEWHERE!

One of my oldest friends has been asking me to do it for awhile. She's ready to get away. God KNOWS I NEED to get away. So, we're going to New Orleans:)

I've been dreading telling D. We're supposed to finalize plans/book tonight, and I knew that I'd feel better telling him before it was final, than after. I left no room for argument. "I'm going. My parents are staying at our house. You're welcome there anytime. We'll talk about details later."

I fear this is going to send him into a tailspin. But if it does, it's NOT my fault. I am trying to take care of me, and am REALLY excited about this trip. My only hesitation in booking is HIS reaction, and that's not fair to me.

My parents, bless their hearts, didn't bat an eye when I asked "how much do you love me?" Followed up quickly by "L wants to take a trip and is begging me to come." My mom's response was "Go. Tell us what you need us to do, and we'll do it." Thank GOD for support!

3 comments:

  1. No anxiety! Push that aside and do this for YOU! Super Mom needs a break and it is so very well deserved! Any tailspins that arise are most definitely not your fault and he's just going to have to suck it up. I'm so excited for you!! And your parents - how wonderful are they?! Amazing. :) I cannot wait to hear all about your adventure and I am THRILLED that you are doing this for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! You will be a 'better mom' for going. Give yourself the gift of a little personal time. God bless your parents. You can't control D's behavior, or his reaction to your news about your trip....nor are you responsible for his reaction! Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parents sound amazing and I'm glad you have them there for you. You totally deserve a break and some YOU time!

    ReplyDelete