Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Disney bound!

Let me start by saying that despite the fact that D was invited to my parents house for Thanksgiving, he did not go. Also, he was invited to my house after I returned home from my parents. He did not come over. But yet, at 10:30 on Thanksgiving night, he posted a poor me post on FB, about it being the first Thanksgiving without his mom, dad, grandparents and cousins.  I can't begin to tell you how inaccurate his statement was. However, what got to me the most is that he had EVERY opportunity to spend time with his children on this holiday, the only 3 people who have yet to learn what an ass he really is, and he chose not to. But, he was still looking for sympathy. I didn't see the post until early the next day, and then when I looked again, he had deleted it.

Then, I had posted a picture of each baby on Thanksgiving. He "shared" one of S, but not the twins. HELLO, YOU HAVE THREE CHILDREN.

Another, WTF was he thinking...he was over this weekend, and helping me outside with the leaves. I was seriously shocked he offered to help. Anyway, he looked at my car, and my little stick figure family (of which he was absent). He said "did you peel me off of the car?" I said "yes, months ago" He said "well, I'm still their father" and I said "but it's not your CAR anymore." Seriously, he can't have his cake and eat it too, and he's only their father when he wants to be.

On the VERY bright side, I'm taking S to Disney next week for her 4th birthday. I've been thinking about it all summer, and finally pulled the trigger. She still doesn't know; I'll tell her on her actual birthday. I'm SO excited to think about spending time with JUST her. I love the twins with all my heart, but maybe it's because she was my first, or the oldest, or the most obviously affected by everything going on, that I just want to be with her. To give 100% of my time to her. She deserves it so much. Also, I realized that this is the ONLY time I'll ever be able to take her, without the twins knowing what they are missing, lol. We can all go back in a few years.

I mentioned it to my BIL a few weeks ago and he told me he's been looking for an excuse to go to Florida. He called today and said he wanted to meet us there on Tues. I'm torn. Of course I acted all happy and excited, but the more I'm thinking about it, just UGH. It'l only for one day, but still.

At first, he told me when I first told him I was taking her by himself his immediate thought was that I shouldn't go without a man. THAT set me on edge. While I would LOVE to have a caring, involved guy by my side (sometimes!), I do not NEED one. I will raise my daughters not to need one, and raise my son to respect a woman who doesn't need one. I got past that issue, and then he also admitted to me that for years he felt the need to "fill in" for his father, with his mom, and now he feels the same need to fill in for his brother. We talked about that, and I assured him he should feel no guilt, but clearly he does. It continues to amaze me how many people have been affected negatively by D (and his issues).

So now, I'll guess we'll spend a day with him tagging along. I appreciate his thought SO much, but I'm not thrilled with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment