Wednesday, March 26, 2014

anger

Well, I said I'd keep updating, lol. D PISSED me off last night. I was already sort of on edge when I got home last night, although I can't pinpoint why. D was waiting for me when we got home. We walked in the door and the twins started melting down. He kept trying to talk to me, talking/yelling OVER their meltdown. All I cared about was getting their dinner ready. He kept talking. I kept ignoring him. Finally, all was quiet while the tiny little mouths were eating. Then, S asked for some ketchup. I pulled it out of the fridge and handed it to D to give to her. He simply put the bottle on the table. Um, do I REALLY have to ASK him to actually squirt it on her plate for her? Apparently, yes I do. THEN, he said "this ketchup is nasty. I wouldn't eat this, I'm not giving it to her." He threw it away. In my defense, we don't use ketchup really and it was odd that she even asked for it. Yes, it WAS old.

Anyway, that sent me over the ledge. He started talking about sports again. I interrupted him to ask if he'd looked into the health insurance. No, of course he hadn't. I reminded him the clock is ticking. I got his typical "don't nag me. If you nag me I won't do it." Fine, as of March 31 you won't have insurance (this is a complete lie and I'm not sure why/how it came out of my mouth, lol). He said "fine, so be it." I asked if he wanted me to do it for him. NO.

It is just truly BEYOND me how this is not a priority for him. He told me again this weekend that without my insurance (assuming he doesn't get his own), he will stop his meds. Now THAT will certainly benefit him:-/

We finally dropped it, b/c neither one of us would win. Then, before he left he told me that he couldn't believe that because his original disability application is over 6 months old that he has to do a new one. UM, WHAT THE HELL ELSE DOES HE HAVE TO DO???

2 comments:

  1. D is unbelievable. Is he serious? He can't do a single thing to help himself? It's like you have 4 children to take care of, at least that's what he expects - to be taken care of. He acts like the most obstinate, unruly, bratty child. I don't know how you put up with it for a single second because just hearing about it makes me so angry. He needs to be put in Timeout. I'm serious. Either buck up and start acting like an adult and a father, or go sit in the corner somewhere, where he's not instigating fights with you, making your blood pressure rise and bringing you down. If he suddenly cares how old the ketchup in your fridge is, maybe he should act like a dad and pick up a few things from the grocery store for his children every now and then. You have every right to be angry. Goodness. He's a PIECE OF WORK. Ok, so not much of a helpful reply from me... but he's got me mad now too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that you have to deal with so much anger still, I worry about that for you. I wish he'd just grow up and start dealing with what is actually happening here. For your sake, his sake and those kiddos.

    ReplyDelete