Wednesday, July 16, 2014

fucking livid

D never responded to my e-mail practically begging for money. Not a word. It's been 6 weeks this week since he's had any contact with his kids.

On Monday, I talked to attorney, who received my notarized paperwork that will be filed next Monday. This will put the modification from legal separation to divorce into action. Attorney sent me another doc for Dan for Dan to sign, waiving his right to service. I e-mailed him Monday night, not really expecting a response, but he did that night. So, the welfare of his kids doesn't kick start an immediate response, but the thought of possibly getting served with papers did. Whatever. It pissed me off, but I moved on. We made a time to meet today to have him sign papers. Then yesterday, I realized that this doc also needs to be notarized. I e-mailed him to get his thoughts on where to meet, his bank, my bank, etc.

In typical Dan fashion, he took control (clearly feeling OUT of control in every other aspect). He named the time, as well as the location of the bank. Fine. This was yesterday afternoon.

Then this morning, I woke up to a text (and two frantic emails) from our financial advisor. She told me she was working on getting my Roth IRA transferred from my account to D's.

Sidenote: in our original agreement, I gave D my Roth. Don't ask me why the fuck I did that, just trying to be fair, I'm sure. Anyway, when our accounts were split last winter, this didn't get transferred to him.

So now, when he has avoided calls from our advisor for MONTHS, the thought of an impending divorce certainly gets his ass in gear. Advisor is a friend of ours, and so this morning mentioned "so, today is a big day, right?" I'm like, WHAT? "Your divorce decree is final today at 12, right?"

Then the pieces all came together for me. Bastard (again after NO contact with advisor in months), LIED to her about today, in order to get this Roth transferred, no doubt scared that he will lose out on that money.

All this work to get $8000, and he can't even respond to an e-mail to me about buying milk or fucking diapers for his kids. I had told my mom about the Roth and told her I wasn't going to say anything and if he forgot, the money would just stay as mine. Not much I can do with it, without penalty anyway, so I wouldn't use it, but I still like I had a bit of SOMETHING, in lieu of his giving me NOTHING.
FUCKING BASTARD. OMG, I just want to OUT him to his friends His friends that are so WORRIED about him and his well-being.

Anyway, meeting him in 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment