Tuesday, November 12, 2013

And the update

As I suspected, he *did* wish himself a happy Veteran's Day. I held my tongue, but was silently seething. Then, when I thought it couldn't get any worse, he "checked in" at a bar, not more than 2 miles from my house. Not only was he a no-show on Sunday, but on Monday he chose to have a "boys night out" with his "friends" rather than drive a bit further to see his children.

I put "friends" in quotes, b/c they aren't serious friends. He would never call on them in a time of need. Those friends, the ones who've brought him back from brink of death, he has screwed over so badly that the relationship is over.

I was so on-edge about the entire thing. I was pacing in my kitchen. I finally did the dishes by hand, just to keep my hands busy so I wouldn't type something i would regret. But hand washing the dishes just increased my anger, b/c I actually HAD to hand-wash the dishes b/c I had no dish detergent for the dish washer. Of course, I blamed that on him as well, b/c who wants to haul 3 toddlers out of the car at rush hour to run into the grocery for dish detergent. Not me!

I expect I won't be hearing from him for a few days. Fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment