Wednesday, May 7, 2014

a song, a key and a very peaceful 4 year old

J's birthday was Sunday. We went out to celebrate Saturday, dinner and then out for a drink afterwards. Ahhhh...I just love being with him, lol. He's just so easy to be with, and so easy going. He's seriously like a breath of fresh air. Dinner was awesome, we totally took our time. Appetizers and entrees and a bottle of wine, and dessert. It.was.so.nice. I don't have to worry about being "on" when I'm with him. He's not afraid of PDA...hugs and kisses and just touching:)

After dinner, we were driving, trying to figure out what to do. The J.ohn Le.gend song All of Me came on. He was already holding my hand, but then started SINGING it to me (yes, he can sing). I about died, it was so sweet. We made it to where we were going and went in for a drink. When we got back in the car the same song was on. He asked "is this our song?" Again, so sweet. Then, he basically professed his love for me. He was crying. He was so sincere. What have I done to get so lucky? I do NOT understand.

He spent most of his birthday with his son, but did come over later in the evening, when I gave him his present. Let me tell you, it's TOUGH to think of a gift for someone who is so special to you after such a short time.  I ended up getting him two t-shirts (sort of a joke based on an earlier convo), and a bag of his favorite Lindor Truffles. I remember being shocked when I learned it was his favorite candy, totally pegging him for a Hershey bar kind of guy, lol:) I also told him I was getting him a membership to our Zoo, which I could tell he was so appreciative. He and O go there almost every weekend in the summer. Then, he opened his card, which contained a key to my house. Yes, I went there. I had been considering it for awhile, but finally last week a practical reason came up that he needed one. His eyes LIT up when he saw it. Again, so sweet. I asked if he thought it was too soon and he said "not when you know." In addition to the very sappy card, I also wrote my own little paragraph of sappiness which he loved.

He's spent the night every night since Saturday. Monday night, Sophie and Avery were playing before bed and asked J to wrap them up like babies. After the twins went to bed, S asked him to do it again, so he did. He wrapped her up really tightly in a blanket and then sat down with her. She was fighting sleep, her eyes were fluttering. I am not exaggerating when I say I have not seen her that peaceful in at least 6 months, if not a year. Not even when she's sleeping. It was the most intense attention and affection she's gotten from a man in a year and you could tell she needed it. She was perfectly content and he was just staring at her...with love. He looked at me and just smiled. And I melted. Again.


1 comment:

  1. There's no reason to try to understand all of this... It's not what you did to get so lucky with finding this man... it's how life, relationships and love SHOULD be. You were so used to dysfunction, that all of what's happening now feels like it happened by luck, by chance. No. It's not luck. It's happening because you are a wonderful person, with a beautiful family, with so much love to give... and THIS is what it should feel like. I'm so very happy for you, for the kids and for J too! I honestly get teary reading all about all the new found happiness in your life because it's what I've always wanted for my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete