Monday, April 28, 2014

fabulous weekend

OMG, it just gets better and better:)

So, he said the L word last Monday.  I wanted to say it, it just wouldn't come out. Then, on Tues I was nearly busting at the seams to say it but he ended up not coming over. And then Wed I just couldn't get it out either. Finally, on Thursday morning at like 6 am, I said it to him. It was ridiculously sweet. He was SO happy...actually happy is an understatement. I don't have a word for what either of us were.
I feel like I'm 13 with my first boyfriend...but this is SO much better lol:) We met him and O at the Zoo on Saturday morning. Then, he came over Sat night and spent the night and then spent all day Sunday repainting my family room (long story). On his day off, he did that for me. It was his idea, I never asked.  He woke up and made us all breakfast, down to my coffee in my favorite mug, fixed just the way I like it.

At the Zoo, C got some sunscreen in his eyes and started screaming. J was SO patient. OMG. I was just a puddle of goo watching him take care of him. D would have never been that patient. I hate to compare them. There is simply NO comparison.

So, onto the next major topic of conversation. Due to my infertility and the fact that it took me 4 years of mostly medical intervention to finally get pregnant, I am not on any form of birth control. There just hasn't been a reason to be. Since January, I have started tracking my cycle, but again, not putting too much stock in it, just more to be aware. Well, let's just say that after the fact, I realized there was a very well timed "situation." At first I was like "oh yeah right, like THAT'S going to happen." But then, the closer I got to my period starting, I starting thinking more about it. Not worrying at all, just being more aware of an impending period (or not). Luckily (?), it showed up as planned, right on time. Yesterday morning, we were talking and I brought up the fact of exactly how well timed the sex was, and how I hadn't wanted to mention anything until after my period actually showed, for fear of freaking him out. I should have known it wouldn't freak him out.  It led us back to a VERY early texting convo in which he had brought up the question of whether or not I wanted more kids. He actually let me know his response before asking for mine. His thought was something like this, and yes, trust me, I realize it seems REALLY early into a relationship (esp at the time this convo actually happened) but it doesn't seem odd or awkward or forced or anything. Just natural. He said "as much as I'd love to have a child with you, I understand what you've been through and would never want to make you go through any of that again." At the time, I just sort of put it in the back of my mind, for future reference. Well, future reference was yesterday. There I was saying "I'm not on any form of birth control, and would prefer not to be, and don't mind if we don't use anything, blah, blah." He reminded me of the texting convo and said his feelings hadn't changed and if something were to happen, that it would happen and he would be more than fine with it. OMG. OMG. SO then, fast forward later in the day, I mentioned how I want to have a garage sale or sell some stuff on Craigs list, but that I have so much baby stuff that I can't bear to get rid of yet. Mentally, I'm just not there. I'm not ready to give it up. He basically said that in light of the convo earlier that morning perhaps I should hold on to the baby stuff for a bit longer. OMG. OMG is actually an understatement. How in the HELL did I get HERE.

Last night, he told me he adored me. ADORED. I don't think any guy has ever said that to me. We all went out to dinner last night. It's like I have this new, amazing little family, and I realize it's only been 7 weeks, but I can't see anything changing. There are no red flags for me. He's amazing as a person. He's amazing to me. He's amazing to my kids.


1 comment:

  1. My official comment to all of this is quite simple.... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete