Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The L word

I love you. He said it last night. OMG. Then, he proceeded to tell me all the WAYS that he loved me. I was a big puddle of mush, and he was teary. I didn't say it back. I wanted to. I REALLY did. But it wouldn't come out, and I didn't want to force it. He didn't seem to mind at all...I know he's being patient and I appreciate it SO much. That said, today suddenly, I'm bursting at the seams to say it, but not sure if I'll see him tonight.

And WTH. I'm still trying to process that it's ONLY been 6 weeks. SIX. But, it for some reason doesn't seem rushed at all. It seems like it's the way it should be. And I'm just going with it.

Another "first" last night...he came over about 6, and we ordered pizza. We sat out on the patio and played with my kids and then when the pizza arrived, we actually sat at the freaking dining room table and ate, again, like a family. While I was busy getting the kids what they needed, he was putting food on MY plate. He definitely is a care-giver. He likes to take care of me, and not in a weird-o sort of way. When we had dinner on Saturday he knew what I wanted and ordered for me. It took me off guard, not that I minded at ALL, but seriously, who is this AMAZING guy that just wants to make my life a little easier. I forgot to mention that we totally closed the restaurant that night. They were literally mopping around us. He told me last night that that was the best dinner date he's ever had. YAY ME:)

I told Sophie this morning that he might spend the night sometimes, framing it that he might be too tired to go home and will stay and then get up and leave for work from our house. She didn't bat an eye. I told her that he might be able to help me get breakfast ready or get babies in the car, etc. She said "yeah, that's what I was thinking too." I also told her that I really liked him a lot and that I might give him a hug or a kiss. She got a funny look on her face, lol. I asked if she ever saw me kiss daddy and she said no. I told her that when people care about each other it's ok to do that, and I reminded her how often I hug and kiss her and C and A.

When we were having dinner last night, C started in with a silly game that we started along time ago, looking at me and saying "mommy, mommy, mommy." I then point to him and say "Connor, Connor, Connor." Next up is "daddy, daddy, daddy." After he said that, I reminded him that daddy wasn't here. So, he pointed to Justin and said "Justin, Justin, Justin" and started giggling:)

Some pics from Saturday. Oli is in the red hat:)



 I adore these next two...and J took them. It's SO something I would have wanted to take, but wouldn't have, b/c I wouldn't want him to think I was being weird.


Avery fell and he ran to comfort her. :)
 He PLAYS with them...doesn't just watch:)

2 comments:

  1. I am literally teary after reading this!! Happy happy happy for you! Then the pics... that just did it! S & O could not be any cuter together and seeing J with the kids in general and their facial expressions!? Perfection!! Comparing pics of your babies from several months ago to those now, it's like night and day. You can see the happiness on their faces, the light in their eyes. It's amazing! No doubt that is due to the healthy home environment, the fact that they obviously love J and the fact that Mommy is HAPPY! J is most definitely an amazing man, but remember that YOU are amazing too! I'm thrilled for you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to read that you are happy! You so deserve this.

    ReplyDelete