Wednesday, August 13, 2014

10 years off my life

I struggle to walk to my mailbox. It's often not checked for 3-4 days at a time. I checked this morning, first time in maybe a week, and was looking through it as I walked back inside. I saw an envelope from D, business size, his writing addressing it to me. I started shaking. Given the recent suicide of Robin Williams, it's been forefront in my mind. It was sent on Friday, the day S went to the hospital. Now, logically, I knew he was still alive, since I'd seen him log on to FB on Sun night, but that wasn't registering.

I ripped it open and saw a few pieces of notebook paper. Fear/anxiety kept rising. Out fell two keys and a check to me. He had made copies of his front door keys, and sent me a check to help with daycare. I seriously almost just fell right there in the kitchen floor, from relief.

I've always envisioned finding out he killed himself, but never this. In my mind, it's alway a call from a hospital/police. When I see a strange number on my phone, regardless of time of day, my heart always skips a beat.

So, phew. For now, I guess.

In more happy news, lol, J outed us on FB last night. I'd made up my mind I wasn't going to say anything. Even once my divorce is final, I was still not sure if I'd be so public about our relationship, just b/c it seems a bit juvenile/immature. BUT, he did it. I was shocked actually. He's not a FB addict like me, lol. I actually got the notification that he had done it, but pretended I didn't know when he came back to the bedroom. He was trying to be sneaky saying he had just seen such and such on FB and had I watched the video yet. Nope, sure didn't. Finally, he pulled up his page and showed me. I just started giggling. I'm a huge dork, but love that he did it.

Also, I told him last night I'd downloaded an app to help me run a 10K. D would have either laughed, or rolled his eyes. J said "when do we start? What race did you pick?" I love him, and his support.

No comments:

Post a Comment