Friday, April 12, 2013

hanging in

Just a little post to say that things are ok. Not too much drama, or maybe it's just that I'm not feeding off the drama like I have in the past. Really, there hasn't been much. D watched the twins the 1.5 days this week, with no major trouble. Sober. He was there both days last weekend.

Tomorrow is his birthday. What do you get the man you have known for 14 years, but are getting divorced from? Nothing! I got three cards, one from each baby and printed out a recent picture of each and will frame them. S can wrap them. That's enough. Birthdays aren't a big deal to him, never have been.    But, it's still weird to be celebrating in this way. He's supposed to come over tomorrow about 10, and then the 5 of us will go out for an early dinner later in the day. That will be that.

I've been thinking about the mediation agreement. I think I'm going to take off the idea of AA 2x per week. I mean, really. He's NOT going to go. It's ONLY setting him up for failure. And, AA is for someone who WANTS to stop drinking. He doesn't. It just doesn't seem like it's applicable. The therapy though, I'm not waivering on. He still hasn't made an appt, but on Tuesday informed me that he had transferred his massage package from our credit card to his NEW credit card. So, apparently he thinks he can afford $50 a month for a massage, but not $40 a month for therapy. Priorities. When I confronted him with this fact on Tues evening he said "ok, it's time for me to go."  So frustrating.

Also, as he left on Tuesday, I told him I'd see him Sat (tomorrow) about 10 am. He said "what do you have going on?" Like, I told him to come over at 10 because I had to be somewhere. I said "ummm, well it's Saturday, and I thought you might want to see your children?" Duh.

I'm meeting with my HR rep on Monday to discuss life insurance. I have a minimum amount that my work provides, but we can buy larger increments. Since we're technically still going to be legally married, I want D to get life insurance too. It will just be a small amount, but useful if something happens. I'll pay for the first year, and then it will be in the mediation agreement that he will pay for subsequent years. He doesn't know this yet. It's the least he can do for his kids.





2 comments:

  1. Glad that you checked in... was wondering how you were doing but didn't want to message you because I know you're so very busy. Definitely agree with you about the life insurance issue. That is certainly something he should do for his babies. Hope the drama continues to stay at a minimum and that you continue to have the strength to not let it effect you. You ARE getting stronger for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you were doing also. I've come to check on you through this blog every day. Sounds like you're doing as well as you can under the circumstances. Always thinking of you and those kiddos (and D).

    ReplyDelete