Thursday, April 18, 2013

no real update

D is laying low. I haven't talked with him since he left on Sunday afternoon. I did finally e-mail him today to let him know the status of our latest trust withdrawal. After paying several bills, his "half" isn't going to be nearly what he expected. I'm expecting a small blow up about that, but I provided him with all details. Cash that we started with, along with each payment, so he can see that I'm being honest.

A friend of ours posted on FB this morning about 11 that she was with D at a local restaurant. No, not like THAT! They were old co-workers, and she was our go-to babysitter for many months last year. She's got as many probs as he does, so God only knows what their lunch was like. My issue is that apparently they are STILL at the restaurant, which means he's been drinking for the past 3 hours.

Not that I really care. He's not my problem anymore. I guess at least he's not sitting at home feeling sorry for himself? Ugh, it just irks me. Lunch I didn't mind, and actually was glad he was getting out. But HOURS later...and the drive home...ugh.

I ended my e-mail this morning asking if he wanted me to mail him a check, or if he wanted to come get it this weekend. I'm curious how he'll answer. He does NOT know I've found alternate care for the babies. He's going to flip about that. I think. Maybe not. Maybe he'll be relieved?

It's still really hard to wrap my head around the fact that I am not allowing him to see his children, unsupervised. But he's doing this. HE'S done this. He's acted in ways that have caused me to REact in this way. I hate it. I feel better knowing that I can honestly tell him he's welcome every day of the week, in the evenings after I'm home. In reality, that's probably for him, since there will be four hands instead of just his two.

S is working through this, a little at a time. Out of the blue this morning she said "daddy is making bad choices so we can't see him, but my daddy is still nice." Yes, and yes, baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. Just have to say that I'm amazed at how S is processing all of this. She's so wise beyond her years. You wonder if a 3-year-old little mind can understand things like this, but the fact that she's saying things out of the blue like that seems to prove that she does get it - and accepts it. I hope that D does want to come around in the evenings when you are home. The kids deserve that. (D doesn't, but they do) I wonder if S will ever bring up her thoughts to him?

    ReplyDelete