Friday, March 8, 2013

Hi ho hi ho...

it's back to the old psychiatrist we go. D had his 2nd appt with his new psychiatrist this AM. I met him there, because well, it's what I do. It's part of the caretaking. I haven't gotten to the point where I can give that up. I did have questions for the dr that I knew D wouldn't ask.

Seven minutes and $40 later we were out of the office. He got 90 day scripts for our mail order pharmacy. I told the dr. that D wouldn't be on my insurance in less than 6 months, and I'm concerned about the cost of meds for him, when he is paying out of pocket. Luckily, all but one are generic and should be relatively inexpensive, but of course he didn't know and we have to talk with the pharmacy.

Ds emotions are so close to the surface. The dr asked very generic questions, how are you, are you drinking, how much?, and he started to tear up.

D told me when we left he wants to go back to his old dr, "she hasn't killed me yet." I agree with his decision. This new guy is not a good fit for his needs. Old dr knows his history. The one HUGE complaint about her was that she was prescribing him Am.bien and Klon.ipin, knowing that he drinks. A big no no, apparently. Now that that's been fixed, I see no reason why he shouldn't go back to her. He LIKES her. She'll work with him to get free meds, discount med cards, etc. She'll be a good support for his struggle through the world of social security disability application.

As we were talking in the parking lot, he assured me that he has 90 more days before he goes crazy (referencing the fact that he know has new scripts for meds). lovely. And after those 90 days? What then?

No comments:

Post a Comment