Friday, March 29, 2013

Balls

D has big ones today. He freaking wished me happy 10th wedding anniversary on FB. OMG. I seriously almost fell off my chair, my mouth was just GAPING open.

Denial, much?  I mean, yes we'd talked about having dinner tonight. That plan quickly flew out the window along with his .07 on Tuesday afternoon. But to make it so PUBLIC. I would have been much less shocked for him to send a text "thinking about you" or "happy anniversary." But Face.book. OMG

I sat here and stewed about it. Was getting more and more anxious about it as friends started "liking" it, several of which (including my sister) know about the divorce. WHO DOES THAT? I wanted to respond, something witty, something sarcastic, something with a bit of sting, but I didn't like any of the consequences of anything that I came up with it.

So, IM'd him. That's what we do these days right? I certainly don't want to TALK to him. I asked who he'd told. He mentioned 3 people, and that they know everything. I asked him "does 'everything' include the fact that you're an alcoholic?" He said "yes, and thanks for the reminder." I responded with "no problem, didn't want you to forget that little issue. You know, the one that tore our marriage apart. And, I don't see anything 'happy' about the fact that I haven't seen you since Tuesday at which time I kicked you out b/c you'd been drinking while caring for our kids." He got off FB sometime in the  middle of my ranting. He won't respond. He might delete his post. That would be the passive aggressive D that I know.

Ass.  This day was going along just fine, until he posted that. I was ok, and now I'm just pissed, and anxious and want to crawl into bed.

3 comments:

  1. I saw that earlier too and my jaw fell open. I could NOT believe my eyes. I don't understand. Is he seriously in that deep of a state of denial? Is he just posting things like that to keep up appearances with people that don't know what's going on? Either way, not good and not cool. You absolutely did the right thing by not responding publicly, but to do it in private - even if just through an IM. You're taking the high ground, and he knows it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but Jenny, I WANT to take the low ground. I am DYING to take the low ground.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The difference is that you may want to take the low ground (I mean, who wouldn't and he certainly deserves it) but you are stronger than that and you are being the parent that your babies will look up to. Leave the crap slinging to him. It'll bite him in the ass in the end. You said what needed to be said to him privately which is good because keeping it all bottled up isn't good... he knows how you feel about the post... that's what's important.

    ReplyDelete