Monday, March 4, 2013

skewed logic

It's not a secret that D and his brother M don't have a great relationship. D works for M, and M is 6 weeks behind in sending him a paycheck (hello, Mr passive aggresive #2). D called today to tell me he finally got paid, and pointed out that M didn't sign his check, another lawyer did. Whatever, who cares. D then goes on to say "he's the main reason I'm not friends with S anymore."

S was D's best friend for 20 years. He was the best man in our wedding. He has been NOTHING but supportive of D. S's wife L was our realtor, and became the seller of my MIL's house after she died. Some things went down last fall, to do with the house sale. M is the trustee of the estate and was realllllyyyyyy dragging his feet with some things. L approached D via e-mail, somewhat forcefully, trying to get things taken care of. Apparently D lost it, and told her off. S got involved and there was a bunch of "don't treat my wife that way she was just trying to help." Honestly, I blame L for some of it, she is aggressive, and approached D in a way that was going to get her no where. I'm not making excuses for him, he was an ass, but it could have been handled differently.

Anyway, I say all that to roll my eyes at his most recent comment "he's the main reason I'm not friends with S anymore."  Yes D, your brother is the reason you no longer have your best friend.

He cannot take responsibility for ANYTHING. It's so frustrating to me, but sad at the same time. I guess it's a good way to get through life though, right? Never taking the blame for anything? Whatevs.

No comments:

Post a Comment