Friday, February 8, 2013

Effing jackass

This was my thought when I got home last night. I had a HORRIBLY busy work day, had to stop by Office Dep.ot and buy a new laptop b/c C broke ours, and THEN stopped by an open house for pre-K for S.

I walked in, and DH was putting his wallet in his pocket, shoes on, ready to head out the door. I immediately asked if he'd been drinking. He said yes. He also told me babies needed milk and he was going to get it. I told him that I would get it (since he'd been drinking) but the reason babies were out of milk is b/c he hadn't gotten them any when he went to the store the day before to get his wine. I was livid.

Ran to the store, got what we needed and returned home. He said "Ok, it's my turn now. Have fun with the kids" and proceeded to head to the grocery and get more wine for himself. Luckily, after thinking of several choice words for him, I just turned to and focused on my 3 little ones. I've become SO much better at detaching from his chaos that it's not typically something I have to focus on, it usually comes naturally.

He got home a bit later, and my only words to him after that were "how long did the babies nap today." Nice marriage, huh??

I heard him wake up about 5 and heard the clinking of the ice cubes in his glass. Must have been the end of his 2nd bottle of wine...

He was still buzzed when he woke up this AM, I could tell. I asked if he was going to his dr appt today. He was shocked that it was today, but still plans on going. I will meet him there. THis is his first visit with new psych post hospital discharge.  I plan on being very blunt with the dr, and let him know that divorce is on the table and I'm  worried about his health if that happens. I'm hoping to get his thoughts on Disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment