Friday, February 8, 2013

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just got back to work after DH's appt. After waiting almost an hour to be seen, I was definately on edge. This was our first time to meet this dr. DH's response to "how've you been doing since your discharge was "drinking again, but the other mental health issues are going ok." And then he went off on a tangent about his new meds. This just pissed me off, I don't know why. Way to minimize the drinking you ass-hat. When asked about the drinking, he said "I don't have a plan." He said it a few different times, in slightly different ways. My blood was just beginning to boil. The dr asked if he wanted to try out-patient treatment again. Um, HELLO waste of time and money. Really??

Finally I could not keep quite anymore. DH responded to something (can't remember what) with "we....". I looked at him and said "what do you mean WE?" It clearly caught him off guard that I called him out, but he totally backtracked. I finally looked at the dr and told him that we have an appt with an attorney to discuss divorce. I explained that I'm worried about his well being when he is no longer covered by my insurance. I brought up Disability. He basically said he couldn't make promises (no shit sherlock), but that he would do what he could to help our case.

In all, I didn't like the dr. Most likely b/c he pissed me off when just a few minutes into the meeting he said "well we can't make him stop drinking." It was like a slap in the face and realization all at the same time. I KNOW this. I would tell anyone living with an addict the same thing, but when it was being presented to me, in such a factual way, it pissed me the hell off.

No comments:

Post a Comment