Thursday, February 21, 2013

Money Orders

I'm leaving work early to get D money orders so he can move in tomorrow. Still.so.surreal. But, I'm pretty ok with it. When I got home last night, we talked about money and childcare and, like a few weeks ago, after we had that convo, things were good. We made comfortable small talk, and it was nice. It's just so odd that having conversations like that actually make us feel BETTER and more comfortable around each other. Sad. But that tells me that this is right.

He did say something that infuriated me this morning. He got home (after a flat tire!), as I was getting my things together to leave and take C to the dr. He said "there's got to be more to life than changing diapers and typing in zip codes from rural Missouri." That last part was a reference to the 8-10 hours a WEEK that he actually earns a paycheck.

I just want to shake him. He's SO passive agressive, SO blaming of others, he CANNOT take responsibility for his life/his own actions. He really thinks that "life just happens" and he has no control over it. In all fairness, he has always been like this, and the further we've gotten to where we are now, the more it's bothered me.

Last night before he left, he said "the hotel is lonely. They are no babies, not a dog..." I said "the apartment will be lonely too." His replied that since he's taking Sierra (dog) with him, he won't be lonely. Um, ok, whatever.

We agreed that he would stay at home tonight, and possibly tomorrow  night depending on what happens with the apartment tomorrow. I'm fine with it. Now that we have things worked out, and there's a plan, it seems silly to waste the money on a hotel.

Speaking of $$, we just approved a HUGE chunk of money to be withdrawn from our financial portfolio. We will split it, and use it over the next 6 months. D will pay rent/living expenses (and alcohol, of course), and I will pay for child care. That seems fair:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment